• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • In!

Discussion in 'Over Age 35' started by vijugati8g, Jul 13, 2012.

1. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Our teenagers came home today, each carrying a 12-pack of pop. Liam got Orange Crush. Collin was all happy because he got Dr Pepper in the Avengers collectible cans.

I don't normally stock pop in the house. I tend to buy club soda or the lemon-flavoured Perrier. But what the heckle, we're on vacation for two weeks.

So it got us thinking. Jim said he used to love Orange Crush as a kid. I did too, and I confess, because back then I thought the commercials were so cool. Beach Boys' "Good Vibrations" song playing while a bunch of teenagers are surfing and having fun. I didn't care about beer commercials - to me, the cool kids drank Orange Crush. Grape Crush was good too.

I remember as a kid, when my mom would cross-border shop, she'd bring back sugar-free Fanta Chocolate Soda. It tasted like a float. Scrumptious. And when we'd summer in Nova Scotia, the cream soda was clear, not fushia pink like up here.

I don't drink much pop anymore, but on occasion, I love a Pepsi or Diet Pepsi if it's from a fountain with heaps of ice. So refreshing - especially at the drive-in.

Do you drink pop? Do you have favourites now, that maybe differ from your childhood favourites?

2. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

In!

My pop usually has rum in it!

3. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

In!

Forgot to add dont drink much pop , but do like a cream soda every now and then

4. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

In!

Was basically addicted to full strength mountain dew but just diet Pepsi now. Have to drink constantly out here in te summer and water just makes me feel bloated so I drink way more soda then I should.

5. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

In!

When I was a kid they had this store called the Pop Shoppe and that's all they sold. It was dirt cheap and you brought back your bottles and they gave you a red case to hold it. They had crazy flavors.

My Dad would take us there on a weekend and we each got to choose a few bottles of whatever flavor we wanted.

I stopped drinking pop 25 years ago, when I satrted lifting. Can't stand it now.

6. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

In!

I love all soda...ALL

I am however almost 4 years 100% soda free. I attribute that to my being able to keep of the almost 100lbs I lost.

7. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

In!

Wait, wasn't it Sunkist orange soda that had the beach boys commercials?

8. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

In!

Coke Zero is my favorite . . . but I also like Minute Maid Light Lemonade.

When I was a kid the favs were Welch's Grape Soda and A&W Root Beet . . . mmmmmm.

9. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

In!

Diet Dr. Pepper! But I rarely keep soda in the house, if I do, I'll drink it. Same with Fritos!!! I have to hit the convenience store when I need a fix.

10. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

In!

As a younger growing up in Florida:
      -Coke-a-Cola (Pronounced "Co-Cola", once upon a time Co-Cola was bottled in most large and mid sized cities across the south and many people could tell the difference between different cities.
      -Royal Crown Cola (just called "RC")
      -Orange Crush
      -Dr. Pepper
      -Grape Ne hi
      These were never stocked in our home but if I had two quarters to rub together they could be had at the corner grocery.

As an adult:
      -Diet Dr. Pepper
      -Diet Pepsi
      (When I can fine some I like Ting which comes from Jamaca and is like a less carbonated Fresca)

Having spent significant time in Georgia and North and South Carolina a couple of regional soft drinks were Blenheim Ginger Ale and Cheerwine.