• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Lemongrass & Spearmint Oil

Discussion in 'Supplements' started by mosikiw, Sep 28, 2023.

1. mosikiw

mosikiw Guest

Hello all.

I've heard that some bee feed supplements/additives are essentially Lemongrass and Spearmint Oil, I think the idea is that it encourages the bees to eat up their food, I know a strange concept, but just humor me, assume one wants to give them a feed with say Thymol, because you have found they have Nosema or a serious mite infestation, etc.

Assuming that we want to encourage our bees to eat up their supplemental feed, does anyone know how much we add, say per kilo and per liter? Or how much would we need to mimic some commercial products, like, so I've heard, Honey B Healthy?

2. mosikiw

mosikiw Guest

thanks for any help

3. Myjourney

Myjourney Well-Known Member

This might help:-

Sugar Syrup for Feeding Bees:
      1. For a 1:1 Sugar Syrup: Mix equal parts (by weight) of granulated sugar and water. For example, 1 kilogram of sugar with 1 litre of water. This is often used as a stimulating feed to encourage brood rearing.
      2. For a 2:1 Sugar Syrup: Mix two parts sugar to one part water (e.g., 2 kilograms of sugar with 1 litre of water). This is typically used as a winter feed to provide more energy to the bees.