• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Muscles sore for too long

Discussion in 'Training' started by jailynn24hb, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Muscles sore for too long

Alright that should be it then, since I did change my routine, it's much more intense now, nutrition changed aswell (from bulk to cut)

I did calves on saturday, i can barely stretch my legs now, it hurts really, couldnt walk properly after legs day, cant extend arm fully after tricep day...

2. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

so if say tomorrow I did 200 curls with 10lb. I would be sore as **** the next day... does that mean that I inflicted a huge amount of miscro trauma to my muscle fibers?

Think about it.

3. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

its due partly to the production of lactic acid in your muscles.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/mohr88.htm

"Anecdotally, I've heard from a colleague who works with several pro athletes that they actually dilute alka seltzer (same buffering agent) in water and drink this during a workout to prevent cramping"

4. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Didn't really think about it repetition-wise... More like set-wise. I.e, doing 20 sets of 8's for your chest versus 6 sets of 8's.

5. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

90 really isnt enough bro, your 6-4 almost 220!!! That 90g's aint **** for your size.. take a scoop in the morning, 2-3 after your workout, and maybe 1 as a midnight snack. Guarantee you wont get sore if your training 4-5 days a week. (I throw a scoop of peanut butter in with the midnight snack one )

6. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Your only taking 90g of protein and your 246lbs? Up your protein to atleast 1.5-2g per pound OP

7. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

1-1.5 is fine.

8. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Yea your right. Also Op COUNT EVERYTHING YOU PUT IN YOUR MOUTH.

9. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Stop believing the lies about lactic acid. They are as credible as spot reduction.

"Lactic acid is not responsible for delayed onset muscle soreness.

Delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS) is caused by a couple factors. Exercise, especially eccentric exercise, creates microtrauma within the muscles. The body initiates an inflammatory response to repair the damaged area. There are a couple theories on how this produces DOMS, but none involve lactic acid.

The inflammatory response itself may be responsible for aggravating afferent sensory neurons which would “cause” the pain associated with soreness.
      Microtrauma in the muscles allows ions to leak out into the surrounding musculature. This may also aggravate afferent neurons as many of these are ion sensitive. For example, neurons activate by firing action potentials which may be more easily set off by accumulated ion concentrations from the tears in the muscles.
      Enlarging of the area due to swelling and/or muscle growth may cause fascia stretching which may aggravate afferent neurons causing pain.

Lactic acid is a metabolite not involved with any of the factors in delayed onset muscle soreness.

In fact, lactic acid is removed almost totally from the muscles within 30 minutes of cessation of exercise. How it could even begin to explain delayed onset muscle soreness which comes 24-72 hours later is beyond me."

Tags: