• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • New PB on Bench Press...

Discussion in 'Online Journals' started by Tulini, Feb 20, 2012.

1. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

New PB on Bench Press...

It is good info but also ON makes a great point above also. The thing is Ive always had a strong friend to allow me to push out max to failure or on lighter sets just gone to full failure and do a situp/stomach scraper i can em. Ie a 70kg set to failure you just throw the weight forward and sit up letting it scrape down your abs/core and sit on legs all done. Mind you attempting a 1 or 2 even 4 rep max i wouldnt have done that lol :p. My mate was only 63kg and used to attempt 74kg 1rep maxs on the bench press when he couldnt get em- he did the situp but he had an extremely strong core and lower back for his size and weight. Used to punch incredibly hard too for a 63kg man 5ft 11 could bench 99kg for 1rep at his strongest helped him bulk up to 69kg but it didnt last -ecto for ya...
      ZAC

2. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

New PB on Bench Press...

Last edited by ZAC1983; 1st March 2012 at 06:35 PM.

3. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

New PB on Bench Press...

Thought I'd post in here since it still seems relevant...
      Had a great day benching, hit 90kgx3 and 92.5x1 so close to a 2nd. Approaching the big 100 with speed!

4. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

New PB on Bench Press...

good work mate! Been doing a Lot of db's lately and descided today to switch things up a bit on bb's. anyway got out 107kg x 3 sets x 8,7,7 on the reps my new personal best. I still personally like using db's more but definitely felt a different pump today.
      Sorry to hijack ya thread mate. some good lifts there oz

5. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

New PB on Bench Press...

good effort guys. Cant wait ti li myself can hit 100kgx7 reps its been a while about 6months.
      ZAC

6. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

New PB on Bench Press...

Good work guys..
      I've just been informed that I should also count the weight of the bar.. Good stuff, just added 10kg to my lifts

7. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

New PB on Bench Press...

How much does a smith machine bar add? I've been doing inclines on there the last 2 weeks and haven't added myself

8. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

New PB on Bench Press...

they vary you really need one of those pulling measurement devices to see how much force in kg is required to make it move. If if all the bars weighed the same there will be some resistance along its rails too. Our gym tested our one and said it was 7kg.

Tags: