• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • By Gawd...another Proud Parent Thread

Discussion in 'Over Age 35' started by jailynn24hb, May 5, 2012.

1. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

By Gawd...another Proud Parent Thread

Marvellous! Simply marvellous! Congrats to the lad, and congrats to Mom and Dad for a job well done!

I would be enormously proud.

I remember working with lawyers who worked 18-hour days, and sent their kids to the best private schools. One lawyer's son, armed with an outstanding education, came to the firm and worked in the mailroom. One day, he wore a T-shirt that said, "Why do the best jobs start before I wakeup?"

I felt so bad for the father. Clearly, the poor boy had no direction in life. As a parent, that would be my worst nightmare.

2. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

LOL, I'm probably...enormously proud . It's just that...for all my own self feeling of...having a brain...this kid comes along and just crushes anything I could have been worthy of back in my day. I am...speechless (OK, we all know this isn't possible ).

He looks up to me for anything and everything...not fully realizing that he is now the master (yes, I went there ). Actually, he's a very well grounded young man. He loves cars...working on cars...fixing things, etc... I have taught him limited; plumbing, electrical, sheetrock (LOFL, he had to fix a huge hole in his apt. that he "threw a roommate through", so he can get his deposit back )...and the list goes on. My dad taught me how working men fix their own problems...not calling someone to do it for them. I can do anything. My oldest son...can do anything!

3. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

You have every reason to be proud!!Congratulations to your son,it is a major accomplishment.

4. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

That is great. The sky is the limit for him.

5. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Congrats. to you're son. It is amazing how some of our kids are surpassing us. It is called good parenting.