• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • DB Bench critique please

Discussion in 'Training' started by jailynn24hb, Mar 24, 2012.

1. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

DB Bench critique please

Grib12 is a roommate of mine and sometimes we lift together.
      I believe the reason why this lack of feeling exists is due to his triceps and shoulders. His triceps are quite a bit stronger than mine, but my bench is a lot higher. Or maybe his form is off, I haven't had enough experience or reading about dumbbell related chest work to critique form.

2. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

DB Bench critique please

I'll give that a try thanks. Hopefully my elbows will thank me for it. Would not locking be harder as opposed to locking? It seems that locking the elbows allows you to rest at the type.
      To be honest, I don't know what grip I'm using. I just use whatever feels comfortable to me. My right wrist bothers me occasionally, I think this is because I reincorporated the barbell military press into my routine.
      I have pretty small hands for a guy. I've noticed that gripping some of the larger dumbbells has become a problem.
      I think going past parallel is due to the size of my chest at the moment. When it gets bigger or if the dumbbells get bigger, I won't be able to go down as far.

My body is not very wide. I think if it were wider, I'd be able to have the 90 deg in my forearm and upper arm a lot easier.

Thanks guys for the critiques.

3. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

DB Bench critique please

Last edited by Grib12; Today at 10:25 PM.

4. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

DB Bench critique please

you're absolutely right; not locking is harder in my opinion, constant tension on the muscle.

Tags: