• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Hammer curls 4x20?

Discussion in 'Training' started by remstation, May 16, 2012.

1. alomjabpd

alomjabpd Well-Known Member

Hammer curls 4x20?

They're somewhat related. Doing 15 reps takes longer than 5 reps most of the time (unless you're intentionally doing reps slowly).

It's simple, really. If you can make both Type 1 and Type 2 muscle fibers grow, the muscle will get bigger faster than if you only train one type.

2. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Hammer curls 4x20?

How much weight are you using?

3. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Hammer curls 4x20?

it's not actually that simple.
      muscle fibers are divided into two types which are "fast" muscle fibers and "slow" muscle fibers.
      now think of each rep as a completely separate movement from every other rep. Doing more of the same movement isn't going to activate more fast fibers than slow ones, because the movement itself activates the same muscle fibers each time when it is performed.

For example think of a jump as of one rep - it is accepted that a jump activates fast muscle fibers because it is a short burst of power.
      Now, if your theory is true the first few jumps will use slow fibers, while the following will use fast fibers, while in reality all jumps will use the same types of fibers.
      Rethink your theory.

4. Francis

Francis Well-Known Member

Hammer curls 4x20?

After a certain number of jumps your vertical will lower. That is your body recruiting the same muscle, but different fibers within that muscle. The fibers are still the same muscle, but different portions of that fiber are activated depending on the strength necessary to complete the task at hand.

5. pustehull

pustehull Well-Known Member

Hammer curls 4x20?

I get a hell of a burn, but it somewhat doesn't feel right doing so many reps, i guess i'll add some weight and do 4x12 and guess my way from there

6. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Hammer curls 4x20?

No, this is your fast twitch muscle tissue getting tired.
      edit: by the way I'm getting this info from a scientific book so I suggest you stop arguing
      (Muscle, Genes and Athletic Performance: Andersen, JL; Schjerling, P; Saltin, B.)

7. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

Hammer curls 4x20?

I use 15 lbs dumbbells

8. Capone

Capone Well-Known Member

Hammer curls 4x20?

Time under tension. The number of reps play a role in this, but they do not tell the whole story by themselves.

9. vijugati8g

vijugati8g Well-Known Member

Hammer curls 4x20?

If by the end of the 20 reps, your arms feel like they are going to fall off, then yes, it is good for hypertrophy, but not for strength gains. There was a study that showed this, i lost the link. But yeah if you do 3X8-12 instead, you'll get similar gains in hypertrophy And more gains in strength. So i would say to increase weight and lower reps

10. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Hammer curls 4x20?

drop the weight and do 3x50. that will make ur muscles the biggest.

Tags: