• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) for Muscle Retention: Is It Worth It?

Discussion in 'Training' started by admin, Oct 4, 2024 at 11:00 PM.

1. admin

admin Administrator

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to open up a discussion today about something I know many of you are experimenting with High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) and how it fits into our goals of building and retaining muscle.

There's a lot of talk about how HIIT is a great tool for fat loss, but how does it affect muscle mass? Some people swear by it, claiming it’s a great way to burn fat without compromising gains, while others believe it might hinder muscle retention. I thought it would be helpful to get everyone's perspective.

Key things to consider:

• Does HIIT impact your muscle retention, or have you noticed any muscle loss when incorporating it into your routine?
      • How often are you including HIIT in your training, and do you adjust your nutrition or recovery strategies to accommodate it?
      • What has worked better for you when balancing fat loss and muscle growth?
      Let’s hear your experiences! Whether you’re using HIIT for cutting phases or to improve endurance while maintaining muscle, drop your thoughts and advice for the community.

As always, keep lifting hard and smart

Cheers,

Mark