• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • IBS

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by laxgoaliesrhs, May 15, 2012.

1. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

IBS

Then to be honest mate, it sounds more like you are lactose intolerant, but for bloating, probiotic tabs really do make a difference at least for me.

You can also try digestive enzymes, but they might make it worse or easier.

2. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

IBS

What's your diet like? Eggs bread wheat some sugars beer def most diary like ice cream milk give me flare ups

3. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

IBS

IBS is a bit of a 'catch-all' term that describes a series of uncomfortable gut conditions from backache to the more obvious - diarrhoea or constipation. But they are all rooted in the same area, the colon.
      They don't know the cause of IBS but we can limit it happening by weeding out the likely triggers - sh!t diet, poor fibre, stress etc.

I've said it here once or twice before; I had IBS for over 5 years, i'd sh!t several times a day when it was really bad, but I 'cured' it. I cured it by accident, I started to eat regularly after copying a diet plan I found on a BB site and it was a ketogenic diet. I suspect all the greens I ate gave me tonnes of fibre, stuff I never really had much of before due to living on the road 5 days a week.
      Now, my ass is awesome!

4. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

IBS

its one of those illnesses that only appeared when people started eating alot of junk food so im sceptical about it.

whilst our parents were growing up no-one had IBS (or so ive been told)

5. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

IBS

IBS is closely linked wth stress, we all remember when as kids we would get butterflies in our tummies and then find we had the runs, well IBS is very similar, It can also be brought on by irritation to the small intestine, suggested remedies include having a diet that is rich in fibre , fresh fruits veggies etc that are steamed or eaten natural state tend to have a less cramping effect.If you get constipated then increase your intake of vitamin C (in ascorbic acid form) and magnesium. Vitamin C is an excellent immune booster with many extensive clinical trials showing large doses to be quite safe.The only side-effect of magnesium is diarrhea. Start at 2000 mg vitamin C and 200 mg magnesium per day. You can increase up to 6000 mg of vitamin C and 1000 mg of magnesium. An amino acid called L-Glutamine is the best remedy (I call this the body builder or athletes best buddy if there was one supplement I would suggest a necessity it would be this one )- just for diarrhea and it works very quickly (within 2-3 days usually). It's virtually tasteless and dissolves easily in water. Start with 1/4 tsp. per day mixed in cold or room-temperature water and drink it on an empty stomach. If that's not enough, increase to 1/4 tsp. two or three times a day. Then increase the dosage gradually (if you need it) to 1/2 tsp. then 3/4 tsp., up to 1 tsp. two or three times a day. L-Glutamine directly nourishes and heals the mucosal lining of the intestine and causes the bowel to reabsorb the water in your stool, thus reducing the number and frequency of bowel movements. Do not use if you have any liver or kidney disease.

6. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

IBS

I doubt this.

People still had food allergies before junk food.

ANd food allergies are probably the main thing labelled as IBS by crap GPs

Tags: