• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Nutrient Timing = A myth?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Canellesao, Aug 23, 2012.

1. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Nutrient Timing = A myth?

Nutrient timing does have an effect but that effect is so small there is no point in paying any attention to it unless you are at a high level of competitive bodybuilding

do to make it easy. Eat whenever the **** you want to

2. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

what if I get all my protein before workout? does it matter?

3. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Btw have another related question. People say you can burn more fat (or build more muscle) if you time your WO, nutrients, time between meals, all those crap, etc.

However what I believe is (it's kinda simplified but I believe it really is this simplified) all you need to build muscle is adequate protein and calorie surplus,
      lose fats is calorie deficit. So actually taking off the stress of timing your nutrients, meals, WO, or wtv, it's really simple.

Build muscle = Protein + calorie surplus
      Lose fats = protein + calorie deficit

Cause I've read that you eat excess carbs it get store as fats, but what if you take excess carbs but your calorie intake is deficit?

4. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

lol did i say anything about gaining 15lb of extra lean muscle?

No.

My point is, once you reach a level where you have been training for many years, everything makes the difference to gaining, if you just eat a bowl of porridge in the morning for example with no protein you'd have sugar blood spikes all morning and feel lethargic, nutrition timing is important and to dismiss it is naive.

Come back when your at my level son.

5. remstation

remstation Well-Known Member

I dont know but from what I heard, the protein'll "float" around your body until it gets used up, so it'll somehow get used. Idk if that's true lol.

6. laxgoaliesrhs

laxgoaliesrhs Well-Known Member

Fats aren't bad

You still need them while cutting as well

7. emininojiq

emininojiq Well-Known Member

You don't even really need to waste money on this. When I say more than 8 hours im talking more than day.

8. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

No I'm not saying fats are bad, but okay, what if you take in excess carbs (theory says it'll become fats) but your daily calorie is in deficit. Will the carbs still become fats or will it be oxidized to compensate the deficit?

9. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

What do you take in before bed? Mine's 2 tablespoons peanut butter + casein + 500ml milk. So if I take off casein, then if I don't take any protein before bed it won't affect anything as long as my daily protein intake is 1 pound per lbs?

10. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Completely agree with this. But from a beginner standpoint, it's easy to be overwhelmed with knowledge and this is why we see many new guys come in with questions about how to eat 6 meals a day, is it ok to eat carbs before bed, and various other questions. It is just better and makes more sense to offer advice tailored to the trainee in question.

Bodybuilding has many different routes and methods and schools of thought, it's confusing to learn it all right away.