• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Receptor Saturation

Discussion in 'Anabolic Zone' started by jailynn24hb, Sep 3, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Yesterday I went to my local needle exchange and got into a friendly conversation with one of the guys there. We began talking about the amount of gear I do and receptor saturation.

I am currently on...

1.2g of Testosterone900mg of Equipoise600mg of Tren Enanthate

I tend to blast for 24 weeks using the above and cruise for 12 weeks but my cruising dose is still very high with the exclusion of Tren-E.

My question is that does receptor saturation actually exist and if so, is it only related to Testosterone or every other types of steroids as well?

I ask this as I run EQ all year round as well as it keeps me extremely vascular looking.

Would a high dose of EQ and Masteron, but a small dose of Testosterone (say 200mg per week) for 12 weeks be considered a sensible cruise that will up-regulate receptors?

2. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Receptor Saturation

its a myth,no it doesnt exist.

3. suighja

suighja Well-Known Member

Receptor Saturation

What's a myth?
      Receptor Saturation!

4. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Receptor Saturation

it would only exist if you had the same reseptors throughout but you dont, they are renewd constantly same as everything in the body old is removed and is replaced with new, blood cells, muscle, tissue, skin, hair etc etc etc

5. herunder88

herunder88 Well-Known Member

Receptor Saturation

the reason your gains slow and stale isnt down to any saturation of receptors its down to homeostasis catching up with your anabolic state to even the playing feild, you can be in a constant anabolic state even as a natty your catabolic/anabolic hormones fluctuate multi times per day as 1 is high the other is low and the switch over to remove and rebuild constantly.

6. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Receptor Saturation

am i wrong?? lol

7. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Receptor Saturation

It's actually quite funny, ok yes, it makes a lot of sense. Since, for example a cup of tea, we need to increase the size over time to get the 'kick'. this isn't the case with steroids, it's actually closer to the opposite. They up-regulate your androgen receptors. It’s wrong to think about androgen receptors as permanent receptacles for the androgen ligand (sort of like a fixed electrical outlet in your house). In reality, your androgen receptors are constantly being turned over. - Referencing

8. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Receptor Saturation

Thanks for your input Stone14.

Though I have maxed out on what I can lift, this is mainly due to me trying to maintain a low body-weight. My gains visually are fairly slow as well but this comes down to diet and at the moment I'm eating maintenance as I enjoy looking super lean.

I just got really interested in this whole topic of receptor saturation. The guy described the situation in the following way...

Receptors are like car parking spaces and once the testosterone (which are the cars) have filled them places, all the excess testosterone is going to waste and gains will be very very minimal. That's why it is best to reduce the amount of testosterone to refresh these receptors.

He did add a little more but this is generally what he was getting at.

9. Raleoxilevz

Raleoxilevz Well-Known Member

Receptor Saturation

what you can lift is down to CNS efficenty not lbm tho, oviously muscle plays a part but its your CNS motors that fire your muscle fibres, so you can increase your lifts by training to improve your cns which staying the same weight. im sure you no tho, or have i picked you up wrong? lol

also receptor saturation is a massive debate with no 100% definate answer, but from what iv read all the guys in the no say its a myth based on studies etc, ie 2 guy said based on rats it seems to be true but on humans studies its the opposite, a myth.

10. fa2nzg

fa2nzg Well-Known Member

Receptor Saturation

Last edited by stone14; Today at 01:11 PM.