• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • Sorry to bore you

Discussion in 'Diet & Nutrition' started by jailynn24hb, Aug 21, 2012.

1. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

I know this has probably been asked time and again but I'm new, so go easy.......

I'm trying to cut back on body fat as I've been training for some time now and I want to actually show my good work off. I'm sure my training is up to scratch so its my diet that is letting me down, as it consisted of far to many complex and the odd simple carbs, mostly derived from fruit, so to much bread, pasta rice. Now I can Cut all this out no problem but with a family its harder to convince everyone else that this is good and thats good and do something tehy like too.
      So me and the Mrs are trying to cut back on the carbs and load meals up with more veggies (no potatoes) and protein based meals (Chicken, beef etc).
      Does anyone believe this is the correct way? if so do you have any recipes to share other than steamed this and that?

2. crormaSoila18

crormaSoila18 Well-Known Member

Sorry to bore you

i believe it to be the correct way but dont starve your kids without realising.

if ur family likes mushrooms then they are a great way to bulk up almost any sauce bsed meal (bolognaise, chilli, curry etc etc) without adding many cals or carbs.

3. defelqy

defelqy Well-Known Member

Sorry to bore you

Forget recipes mate, for yourself atleast, you have to eat what fits your macros, so if that means eating nuts with eggs then so be it. There is nothing nice nor enjoyable whilst dieting. Firstly do you know your maintainance calories? That's how many calories you need in a day to stay the same weight whilst also training and doing your normal activities. You must have atleast a rough idea of this before you can plan a diet that you can track and adjust (one that works in other words).

4. jailynn24hb

jailynn24hb Well-Known Member

Sorry to bore you

If you are looking to cut bodyfat then the most effective and sustainable way is to go into a calorie deficit. That way you can cut back on overall calories and not just carbs. Therefore you and your family can still eat the same food but you just eat a bit less. Is that an option?

5. parnassto

parnassto Well-Known Member

Sorry to bore you

You can just diet by eye and eat healthier meals that are low in carbs all round, that will work, but nowhere near as effective. And without having numbers to stick to its very easy to stray to the pastry isle

6. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Sorry to bore you

ok, cheers for the advice so far.
      Mushrooms, I love them, and thats where it stops, the rest of the family are verging on the hate line.
      I'm 14st so I'm assuming I need around 2032 cals to maintain? I don't eat that much in hte way of bad cals. the odd glass of wine maybe my main sin, oh and home made flapjacks

7. Korporalegq

Korporalegq Well-Known Member

Sorry to bore you

Your maintenance cals will be much higher than 2000 odd mate. Theres a sticky somewhere telling you how to work it out (a couple of calculations)

8. masoven4u

masoven4u Well-Known Member

Sorry to bore you

Lol, I would imagine it would be a tad higher than that to maintain 14 stone ;) keep a food diary for a week or two, write down and count every single calorie including drinks. If you cant count it or it doesn't have a label or weight on it then don't eat it. You will be surprised at how much calories you consume!

9. baletki

baletki Well-Known Member

Sorry to bore you

Try tracking your food. Something like myfitnesspal works well (though don't use it for their macro/calorie suggestions). I simply cannot diet without knowing exactly what I'm eating on a day to day basis, consistency is the key to losing fat, so you need to hit your macros every day. So weighing food and tracking it is a good way, it also stops you having to eat the same thing every day, as you can adjust on the go as long as you have the macros left for the day.

I am cutting on 2100 kcals with low carbs (only porridge before gym) and high protein. It is working well for me

10. Canellesao

Canellesao Well-Known Member

Sorry to bore you

Lol, I was too late. This.

Tags: