• Welcome to realmuscleforum.com
  • What do you do when you are resting between sets?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Myjourney, Apr 15, 2023.

1. Myjourney

Myjourney Well-Known Member

During my workout sessions, I often find myself wondering what I should do during the rest time between sets. I want to make the most of my rest periods and ensure that I am using my time effectively. I would love to hear your suggestions and strategies for maximizing rest time between sets.

Currently, I usually just sit or stand idly, scroll through my phone, or simply catch my breath. However, I feel like there might be more productive ways to use this time to enhance my workouts and make them more efficient. I'm looking for suggestions that can help me optimize my rest time while keeping my focus on my workout goals.

Some ideas that come to my mind include stretching, foam rolling, practicing deep breathing, or doing mobility exercises. I've also heard of techniques like active rest, where you perform lighter exercises or movements that complement your main workout to keep your heart rate elevated and muscles engaged during rest periods.

I'm curious to know how other fitness enthusiasts utilize their rest time between sets. What activities or techniques do you incorporate during your rest periods? Do you have any tips or suggestions for making the most of this time? Let's discuss and share our ideas.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Tags: